October 9, 2013

Detoxifying Moroccan Red Clay Face Mask



Not too long ago, I picked up a jar of Moroccan Red Clay Powder -- I'm sure there are multiple brands that sell this. I just chose this brand because it was what they had and happened to catch my eye on the shelf. I bought it from a natural grocery store in Ferndale. I love going in there to browse. 

I like clay masks because clay is naturally absorbent meaning it makes a great detox to free your skin (and hair...) of any impurities by absorbing the bad stuff. Next time I want to try a hair mask...

Benefits of Moroccan Red Clay:
  • absorbs impurities + cleanses
  • moisturizes
  • helps protect skin from damage
  • soothes 
  • tones, evens + balances 
  • improves texture
  • helps control acne
  • safe for sensitive skin





Moroccan Red Clay Mask: 
  • 1-2 tsp Moroccan red clay powder
  • 1 tsp water (distilled works best)
  • 1-2 drops of your favorite soothing and/or aromatic essential oil (optional)

This is basic...just blend until you have a creamy paste and apply to face and/or neck (avoid your eyes...).  Funny, I don't think this is meant to smell good, as you can see in the ingredients there are no added fragrances but I actually like how this smells as is. It's a subtle, sweet and earthy scent. 





Allow to dry completely around 10-15 minutes. If it starts itching, don't torture yourself. Just wash it off early. You may experience some redness depending on how sensitive your skin is and how long you leave it to dry. If you have sensitive skin, I suggest mixing a more watery mixture to reduce drying time. Either way, the redness should disappear back to normal shortly. What you will look like:



What do you think of Moroccan Red Clay?

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any insight?