February 18, 2015

DIY Paper Collage Journals

I'm a paper fiend. As well as a journal fiend. Have been journaling since I was 8 years old. I am now 23. With over 40 journals. Most written cover-to-almost-cover. For some reason I always leave several pages blank at the end of every journal. I would like to say there is a contemplative reason behind why. But the reason why is likely because I usually end up buying a new journal too soon...then can not be patient enough to finish the pages of the old one before moving on to the new one. 

This time around I thought I'd make my own. I was feeling slightly uninspired one day. On those days I usually venture outside...to wind up back inside in a familiar place...like Starbucks, or in this case, Barnes & Noble. Where I can people watch or meet and greet or participate in some retail therapy to take my mind off of things. When I'm in Barnes & Noble I usually end up wandering to the journals. It's like gravity. There may be other aisles, magazines, books, music, and/or Starbucks in between. But oftentimes, I end up at the journals. And sometimes, walk out with a new one. This time, I thought I'd be creative and save money at the same time and buy a journal filler (is that what they're called?) instead. To make my own cover. I even made one for Spinach Blog - to record my recipes which I am so bad at remembering to write down...New Year Resolution, maybe?


Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry.

Sometimes happiness (for me...) begins with big messes...that become tiny treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any insight?