November 26, 2012

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner




When I visited home for the holiday weekend, I found Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner in my sisters' shower and decided to try it out. I've heard good things about this product, but have never been a huge fan of Herbal Essence. I've always thought of Herbal Essence shampoos and conditioners more like hair perfumes than hair treatments. Good smelling hair is never a bad thing, but for my dry hair, just not enough. 

I didn't try out the shampoo, but I was pleasantly surprised by the conditioner. It's not as thick or heavy a formula as my current conditioner (Trader Joe's Nourish Spa) I don't think, but it's thicker than I expected for a brand typically marketed to "normal" hair types. It's also super moisturizing and has great slip. I let the product sit on my hair for about 5 minutes in the shower before rinsing it out. My hair was softer and far easier to detangle. 

Price: $7.99 at CVS for 23.7oz bottle

Smell: Fruity and floral with coconut and orchid extracts 

Consistency: Medium/thick

Detangling power: Super

Ingredients: 
Water, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetyle alcohol, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, coconut extract, orchis mascula flower extract, corn silk extract, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, blue 1

Likes:
I love this product's consistency, slip and instant moisture. It does everything I would want my conditioner to do, giving my hair plenty of elasticity before styling. It's also fairly inexpensive -- under $10 for over 20 ounces.

Dislikes:
I don't care much for the smell -- it's a bit strong and not as coconutty as I thought. The ingredient list is also not very impressive. Even though it is sulfate free, it has a couple different alcohols in the first five ingredients which can dry out hair over time. Personally, I don't mind cones because I still use heat, hair dye, and a lesser-evil sulfate shampoo to remove any buildup from cones. If you avoid sulfates and cones entirely, then this conditioner may not be for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any insight?