April 18, 2012

An Evening of Tribute




The Black Student Union held its anual (ish) celebratory dinner on Sunday. I think we were all a little unsure of how it would turn out, but it turned out great. Everything was beautiful -- the room, the food, the ice sculpture, the live jazz music, the balcony, and the people! Oh, and the goody bags were especially lovely, of course (conceptualized and assembled by my friend Liz and I).

A high-tech photo booth with video recording capabilities was set up -- so we all had fun with that, as you can see. We had two guest speakers, one a U of Michigan graduating senior with some encouraging words. The other, a Michigan alumni. One of the BSU members, Michelle, amazed the audience with her cover of "Come Away With Me" by Nora Jones -- never knew she could sing!

So here's a collection of some shots to mark the memory. It pretty much felt like the formal closing of junior year for me. Three years of college down...one to go. Exciting and scary at the same time. When people ask if I have any ideas of what I'll do when I leave, I still haven't come up with one solid answer -- because there's so many. Going into advertising, PR, blogging, or design. Possibly going to grad school for possibly marketing and management or maybe jewelry design. Opening my own craft store. Maybe opening up a hair salon, or launching a new cosmetic line. Unisex make-up? Maybe.











Photography: TX Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any insight?