October 26, 2013

My Clear Skin Facial Regimen for Under $30



These are all of the (inexpensive) products that I use on a regular basis on my face -- and that actually help keep my skin moisturized and clear. I like to keep things minimal and simple so I rarely splurge on facial products -- though I don't mind to every now and then. I just find that oftentimes, when I do splurge on more expensive fancy products, that they don't really work all that much better (if at all better) than the less expensive products.

My Day Routine:

In the morning, I wash my face with the Neutrogena facial bar and then moisturize generously with Trader Joe's Enrich. I don't use the toner very often...but if you have dark spots then I'd suggest using the ACV toner daily. You can also make your own toner using diluted Apple Cider Vinegar. I like the Terra Cotta Paste ACV Toner by Leanne R. Designs because it's already diluted and smells way better than regular ACV because she adds a bit of oils. 

My Night Routine:

At night, I wash my face with the Neutrogena facial bar and then moisturize lightly with the Trader Joe's Enrich facial lotion. I then use the CVS brand Benzoyl Peroxide (because it has the same amount of concentration of the active ingredient but is cheaper than Clean + Clear or other brand names...) and smooth it over the problem areas of my face. This stuff dries out your skin, so if you have dry skin use sparingly only on affected areas. If you have oily skin you can get away with applying a thin layer lightly over the entire face. I apply it based on how dry my skin is. I only use this at night.

Once or Twice a Week:

Only once or twice a week I may exfoliate using either a scrub or a mask. Lately I've been using the Moroccan Red Clay because it feels a bit more luxurious -- ha. But a scrub works fine as well. I like the St. Ives scrub because it has acne fighting properties while also being gentle and smelling nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any insight?