December 2, 2011

My Teeny Weeny Black Friday Splurge



I realize it is Black Friday no more, but I figure better late than never.

My sisters originally wanted to go to Walmart at 12am, which we did try. I ended up sleeping through my alarm clock, though, and we weren't out the door until probably 9:30 or 10am. We skipped Walmart, but we did go to Best Buy and they actually had pretty good deals. I've been eying digital cameras ever since my Nikon broke. The lens just refused to open one day and never changed it's mind in my favor. So I was left with a cute purple useless camera. I decided to go Canon this time because I know for a fact I will get good quality photos since it is a very tried and true brand. No risks involved.



Messy kitchen

Clean kitchen

I ended up buying the Canon PowerShot A2200 on sale for $89. It's got a 4x optical zoom and 14.1 megapixels, originally priced at $140. I'm pretty sure it's still on sale at Best Buy for the same $89 price. I've seen it in other stores like Target and Meijer but not for less than $130, unless I am mistaking it for a similar make/model. I haven't gotten around to using it too much but so far I am very happy with it. The photos are very crisp and vibrant and all of it's settings are very intuitive. I will probably flip through the manual eventually, but you really don't need to read through anything in order to figure out how to use it. There are actually a lot of neat effects.

Like this one (haha): 


Ok,  just wanted to share my happiness. If you're considering investment in a new digital camera and are looking for both quality and simplicity, then I think this camera is a good buy. Most if not all future photos on this blog will probably be coming from this camera. Or in some cases my cell phone (the Samsung Fascinate) which also takes surprisingly nice photos.

I feel bad that I didn't post more about Thanksgiving break. It went buy too fast! It turned out to be a lot of fun. I got to show my boyfriend all around NJ and NYC for his first time. Cooking and spending time with close family was nice, too...going to college out-of-state deprives you of that. Here are snapshots of some of the highlights of my trip home:


Seeing puppy (Watson)



Lighting the oven on fire and not having a clue what to do about it

Running into masked dancers underground

Walking through a postcard (Time Square)

Seeing Lady Liberty



-doe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any insight?